What we do
Global Victoria – Inspiring Global Possibilities
Global Victoria is the State Government of Victoria's premier trade facilitation agency and gateway to global economies and communities.
We build the skills and knowledge of Victorian businesses to grow on the international stage, promote the state’s world-class industry capabilities to international audiences, and lead the nation as the best city in Australia to study in.
Global Victoria opens the world to Victorian businesses and welcomes the business world to Victoria. We pursue strategic partnerships to maximise the trade objectives for Victoria and the Government’s broader economic, social, and sustainability objectives.
Discover our international network of 23 Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices located in key export markets. Our VGTI staff can open doors to international contacts, expand your horizons and make your global ambitions a reality.
VIDEO: Global Victoria
Helping your export business go global
VIDEO: The Victorian Government's Global Network of Trade and Investment offices
To be globally competitive, your business has to be globally connected.
Through our specialised trade and investment offices located in international markets and across Melbourne and regional Victoria, we provide a range of services to help your export business go global, including:
- taking your business to international markets to explore business opportunities through our outbound trade missions.
- creating in-market connections with international buyers and business leaders
- bringing international buyers and business leaders to Melbourne to connect with you and your export business through our inbound trade missions
- hosting major conferences and events for business matching activities
- providing market intelligence and industry insights
- running workshops and webinars about emerging export trends.
Building international partnerships
Trade missions play an essential role in supporting your business to expand its potential with global markets. Activities on trade missions can include business briefings and networking functions, site visits, trade exhibitions and business matching.
Our outbound trade missions take you overseas to international markets to showcase your business capabilities and connect you with key international markets, buyers, partners and business leaders.
Our inbound trade missions welcome business leaders from around the world to Melbourne and provide opportunities to learn about Victoria's business capabilities and build the foundations for new trade and investment partnerships.