International Chamber House
About International Chamber House
International Chamber House (ICH) encourages strong collaboration between government agencies and bilateral international chambers and business associations, as part of Victorian Government's efforts to facilitate trade and investment opportunities for Victorian businesses with key international markets.
Engagement with growth markets is vitally important to the performance of the Victorian economy, and ICH supports the delivery of Victorian Government's international engagement efforts.
The chambers part of the ICH are the:
- German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Australia Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- French Australian Chamber of Commerce
- Australia China Business Council
- Australia – Indonesia Business Council
- American Chamber of Commerce in Australia
- Australia Korean Business Council
- Australian British Chamber of Commerce
What do ICH offer?
Managed by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR), ICH offers members access to facilities to support the delivery of chamber business, activities and events.
Eligible organisations have access to:
- meeting rooms with video-conferencing
- flexible workspaces
- function space for international business events
- business development partnership opportunities
Victoria's credentials as Australia's centre for international business are:
- Victoria maintains a network of over 20 international Victorian Government Trade and Investment offices in strategic markets. These offices play a pivotal role in raising Victoria's profile and managing relationships with key international regions.
- Victoria has retained a triple-A credit rating which is indicative of our consistently strong economic performance, sensible financial management along with Australia's extremely supportive institutional framework.
- Over half of the world's top 10, and 29 of Australia's top 100 companies have chosen to establish their headquarters and conduct their business in Melbourne above any other state in Australia.
- Victoria is a convenient location across major time zones offering a practical location for global organisations looking for success in the region.
- Victoria's strong history of migration has produced a culturally and linguistically diverse population. Many Victorians speak a language other than English, especially Asian languages.
- Melbourne is the world's 2nd most liveable city.
Where is ICH located?
ICH is situated on Level 5, 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
International Women's Day Event 2019
The business chambers and councils of International Chamber House celebrated the achievements of women in business both here in Australia and across the globe. Guests heard from an impressive line-up of passionate and influential women from a vast cross-section of organisations about how they've reached senior positions.