Asia Gateway Voucher
As part of the Victorian Government's Boost Your Business Program, the Asia Gateway Vouchers are available to help individual Victorian businesses and organisations building their Asia capabilities and grow their export and market development capabilities.
Applications for the Asia Gateway Voucher stream closed on midnight, Sunday 12 May 2019.
At a glance
Asia Gateway Vouchers offer funding of up to $50,000, on a one-to-one co-contribution basis, to support Victorian businesses and organisations develop and implement market development plans to increase export and business activities with Victoria’s top Asian trading partners. Asia Gateway Voucher Projects will build on the capabilities and connections they need to access and expand into China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Asia Gateway Voucher Stream Flyer
- Boost Your Business Vouchers Program Guidelines PDF, 576.2 KB
- Boost You Business Vouchers Program Guidelines - accessible
DOCX, 95.8 KB
- Registered Service Provider List
Asia Gateway Vouchers are available to small to medium businesses and organisations seeking to increase their export and business activity with an Asian market. Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- Are a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure;
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards;
- Have an operating presence in Victoria;
- Employ 20 to 200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million; and
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation.
NOTE: Commonwealth and State agencies and bodies are not eligible to apply.
Eligible services under the Asia Gateway Voucher Stream come under the overarching umbrella of Market Engagement: assisting businesses and organisations identify and secure Asian market development and export opportunities. Services activities may include:
- Marketing and Branding Strategy Development
- Market Development Plan
- In-Market Support
NOTE: Services that are not viewed as one-on-one, bespoke services to individual Victorian businesses or organisations such as group trade missions, delegations, seminars, events, workshops and/or training are not eligible.
What you get
Assistance of up to $50,000 is available to help businesses grow their export and market development capability that align to the Asia Gateway objectives:
- Capitalising on growth opportunities in Asia – Voucher projects will increase immediate to short-term business activities with Asian markets.
- Connecting and expanding into Asia – Voucher projects will provide businesses with the know-how, networks and skills for effective access to and expansion into Asian markets.
- Increased Asia capabilities – Voucher projects will better position businesses and organisations for long term engagement with Asian markets.
Vouchers can be used to access tailored market engagement services from Registered Service Providers who specialise in Asia capabilities, export and market development. Registered Service Providers will offer businesses access to the knowledge, expertise, networks and skills they need to effectively engage with Victoria’s top Asian trading markets. These include:
- Hong Kong
How to apply
Applicants need to:
- Read the Boost Your Business Vouchers Program Guidelines PDF, 576.2 KB
- Identify and engage an appropriate Registered Service Provider for the Asia Gateway Stream.
- Submit an online application with an attached quotation by Monday 13 May 2019.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 12 May 2019.
Other Voucher Streams available
Explore the other Voucher Streams available for Victorian businesses to help them become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity, and profitability:
For further information regarding Registered Service Providers, eligibility requirements and assessment criteria, please contact:
Asia Gateway Management Team on (03) 9651 8018 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org