Defence, Aerospace, Cyber and Security Voucher
As part of the Victorian Government's Boost Your Business Program, the Defence, Aerospace and Security Vouchers are available to support Victorian small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to win domestic and international defence, aerospace and national security supply chain work.
At a glance
Defence, Aerospace and Security Vouchers offer assistance of up to $50,000 to help businesses adopt new or improved capability, business models and business processes, to develop and commercialise new products and advanced manufacturing processes, and to enter new defence, aerospace or security export markets and secure global supply chain opportunities.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 22 December 2019.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- Be a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- Be a legal entity that is currently engaged in a domestic or international defence, aerospace or security supply chain or be able to demonstrate a genuine intent to enter a defence, aerospace or security supply chain
- Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Have an operating presence in Victoria
- Employ less than 200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $500,000
- Conduct the majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with a Registered Service Provider (for service activities that specifically relate to international or in-market support, it is understood that these activities may occur outside of Victoria)
- Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
When seeking support to win work in an overseas market, provide satisfactory evidence to verify that any direct exports are allowed under relevant Australian and international laws and regulations governing the export of defence and strategic goods and technologies. Visit the Department of Defence website for more information on Defence Export Controls
What you get
Assistance of up to $50,000 is available to support projects that align with the program objectives.
There are three types of vouchers:
- Innovation – projects that will increase the development and adoption of new or improved products and advanced manufacturing processes
- Business capability– projects that will increase the adoption of new or improved capability, business models and business processes
- Market Engagement – projects that will increase the number of Victorian manufactures entering new export markets and securing global supply chain opportunities.
Registered Service Providers
The Registered Service Providers are able to assist you to undertake a Voucher supported project and prepare a scope of works to support your application.
Please note that the information provided in this list may be subject to change.
How to apply
The Boost Your Business Defence, Aerospace and Security Voucher Stream will close midnight, Sunday 22 December 2019.
Other Voucher Streams available
Explore the other Voucher Streams available for Victorian businesses to help them become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity, and profitability:
For further information regarding Registered Service Providers, eligibility requirements and assessment criteria, please contact:
Business Victoria on 13 22 15 or send an email to email@example.com
Want to improve your chances of receiving a Defence, Aerospace, Cyber and Security Voucher?
Here's our tip: Take our online export-readiness self-assessment, Go Global to understand which areas to target for the Defence, Aerospace, Cyber and Security Voucher.