As part of the Victorian Government’s $15.7 million Export Recovery Package, the eCommerce Program will help Victorian businesses increase their export potential by engaging an eCommerce platform within a designated international market and through other eCommerce channels.
The program aims to increase the profile and sales of Victorian products through key eCommerce channels. Businesses who have signed up to the program can access a combination of the following to help them engage with international markets:
- Promotional activities on an eCommerce platform to generate increased demand for products
- Market and sector insights from industry delivered through Global Victoria's Victorian eCommerce Network (VeN)
- Digital content creation
- Virtual presenting and pitch training
- Training on eCommerce platformsThe target markets
The key markets targeted for Global Victoria's eCommerce initiatives include Southeast Asia, India, China, Japan and South Korea, with product categories including cosmetics, beauty, nutraceuticals, food and beverage.
Southeast Asia eCommerce Accelerator – Vietnam programDates: 9 August to 29 October 2021
Applications open: 13 July 2021
Applications close: 23 July 2021
About the program
Following the success of the Southeast Asia eCommerce Accelerator Pilot Program in Singapore and Malaysia, Global Victoria is pleased to announce the program is now being extended to Vietnam.
Working with an in-market eCommerce expert, the program provides Victorian exporters with the opportunity to create an online Flagship store, or to enhance an existing Flagship Store on leading eCommerce platforms in Vietnam including Lazada, Shopee and Tiki.
Throughout the program, brands will work with in-market eCommerce experts to onboard onto at least one major eCommerce platform in Vietnam.
This may include, but is not limited to:
- assistance with the platform registration process
- guidance with listing individual SKUs on the platform
- creating design elements of the Flagship Store
- launching the Flagship Store
- enhancing an existing Flagship Store.
What types of businesses should attend?
Victorian companies in the following categories are invited to apply:
- Beauty - cosmetics and skincare
- Baby skincare
- Nutraceuticals / health supplements
- Non-fresh food
- Infant formula
Why should you attend?
By participating in this program, you will
- build and launch a Flagship Store within the 3-month program period (a process which usually takes at least 3-6 months)
- promote your brand to a highly engaged market
- build your presence in-market
- learn how to execute a marketing plan specific to eCommerce
- learn about the complex eCommerce environment in Vietnam.
To be eligible to apply for the eCommerce Accelerator - Vietnam program, Victorian businesses must:
- have relevant import permits/product registration in Vietnam
- provide the name of your appointed distributor in Vietnam
- have physical product available in Vietnam at the time of their application for this program.
Exporters must be able to demonstrate that they have a long-term plan in place for doing business via eCommerce in Southeast Asia, showing long-term commitment to the market beyond the course of the program.
Providing this information will be a requirement of submitting an application and will play a critical role in the selection process.
A maximum of 5 successful Victorian companies will be provided with the opportunity to participate in the Southeast Asia eCommerce Accelerator – Vietnam program, which includes:
- the creation of a Flagship Store on at least one eCommerce platform, or enhancement of existing Flagship Store
- program-wide promotional events on eCommerce platform
- guidance with operating your online store.
Companies will be required to nominate one representative for the life of the program who will work with the in-market eCommerce expert. The company representative will be required to attend all planning meetings, including regular progress meetings and provide us with the required information in a timely manner.
- an evaluation form will be distributed post program
- all companies must agree to complete the evaluation
- follow-up meetings with Global Victoria and program participants.
- a final report delivered by the service provider.
What's not included?
Companies will be responsible for any costs associated with the sale of their goods on eCommerce platforms during the program, such as:
- costs associated with warehousing
- shipping and logistics
- platform commissions
- any additional advertising or marketing activity outside of the program.
It is a requirement for participating companies to be compliant with local registration and import requirements. Companies will be responsible for loading all product information on to the platform – however, guidance will be provided to do so.
Once the program has concluded, companies are responsible for maintaining their presence on eCommerce platforms should they wish to do so. Global Victoria will not cover any costs associated with platform fees or continued work with the service provider.
Dates: 9 August to 29 October 2021
Applications open: 13 July 2021
Applications close: 23 July 2021
WEBINAR: eCommerce in Vietnam
Date: 20 July 2021
Time: 12pm – 1pm (AEST)
For more information about the Vietnam Accelerator Program and our eCommerce Webinar, email AdrianPersi
Eligibility for the eCommerce Program
Businesses wanting to be part of the eCommerce Program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
For specific in-market eCommerce programs, companies must meet the following additional criteria which will be verified by the relevant Victorian Government Trade and Investment office in that market:
- Can show ability to get their product(s) into the respective export market and ready for distribution to buyers.
- Have the required approvals from the respective foreign government agencies to have their product(s) imported, particularly in the food and beverage categories.
- Have a product category that can be sold through eCommerce channels into foreign markets, such as cosmetic, beauty, nutraceuticals, food and beverage.
Further eligibility requirements may apply for specific eCommerce initiatives and will be outlined as soon as more details are announced.
Register to take part in Global Victoria's eCommerce initiatives
To participate in Global Victoria’s eCommerce Accelerator Program, and to find out if you meet the eligibility criteria, connect with a Global Victoria representative by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other initiatives to help your business go global
offers a range of dedicated support and resources to help businesses succeed on their export journey.
- Explore our upcoming Virtual Trade Missions (VTMs) helping to connect Victorian businesses to global opportunities.
- Discover our Global Gateway program which offers eligible businesses access to a grant of up to $50,000 to engage professional service providers for activities including market intelligence, market access and marketing and promotion.
- Try our free, online export readiness self-assessment, Go Global to help your business achieve its goals by identifying gaps in capabilities and recommending the next steps in your export journey to help bridge those gaps.
- Register for our Export Skills Program provides online training and seminars as well as local and international workshops and briefings on specialist and topical themes essential for international trading success.
- Visit our regional insights page to read current market updates and watch our in-country insights video series delivered from the team across our global network of 23 VGTIs, highlighting export opportunities across a range of sectors.
- Join our Victorian eCommerce Network (VeN) to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with other like-minded businesses interested in taking advantage of global eCommerce opportunities.
- Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter, Globally Connected and stay informed about upcoming opportunities in eCommerce.