As part of the Victorian Government’s $15.7 million Export Recovery Package, the eCommerce program will help Victorian businesses increase their export potential by engaging an eCommerce platform within a designated international market and through other eCommerce channels.
The program aims to increase the profile and sales of Victorian products through key eCommerce channels. Businesses who have signed up to the program can access a combination of the following to help them engage with international markets:
- Promotional activities on an eCommerce platform to generate increased demand for products
- Market and sector insights from industry delivered through Global Victoria's Victorian eCommerce Network (VeN)
- Digital content creation
- Virtual presenting and pitch training
- Training on eCommerce platforms
The key markets targeted for the eCommerce initiatives include:
- Southeast Asia
- South Korea.
- Food and beverage.
Businesses wanting to be part of the eCommerce program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
For specific in-market eCommerce programs, companies must meet the following additional criteria which will be verified by the relevant Victorian Government Trade and Investment office in that market:
- Can show ability to get their product(s) into the respective export market and ready for distribution to buyers.
- Have the required approvals from the respective foreign government agencies to have their product(s) imported, particularly in the food and beverage categories.
- Have a product category that can be sold through eCommerce channels into foreign markets, such as cosmetic, beauty, nutraceuticals, food and beverage.
Further eligibility requirements may apply for specific eCommerce initiatives and will be outlined as soon as more details are announced.
How do I apply?
To participate in Global Victoria’s eCommerce program, and to find out if you meet the eligibility criteria, connect with a Global Victoria representative by sending an email to email@example.com
Other initiatives to help your business go global
offers a range of dedicated support and resources to help businesses succeed on their export journey.
- Explore our upcoming Virtual Trade Missions (VTMs) helping to connect Victorian businesses to global opportunities.
- Discover our Global Gateway program which offers eligible businesses access to a grant of up to $50,000 to engage professional service providers for activities including market intelligence, market access and marketing and promotion.
- Try our free, online export readiness self-assessment, Go Global to help your business achieve its goals by identifying gaps in capabilities and recommending the next steps in your export journey to help bridge those gaps.
- Register for our Export Skills Program provides online training and seminars as well as local and international workshops and briefings on specialist and topical themes essential for international trading success.
- Visit our regional insights page to read current market updates and watch our in-country insights video series delivered from the team across our global network of 23 VGTIs, highlighting export opportunities across a range of sectors.
- Join our Victorian eCommerce Network (VeN) to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with other like-minded businesses interested in taking advantage of global eCommerce opportunities.
- Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter, Globally Connected and stay informed about upcoming opportunities in the eCommerce space.