Export Skills Program
The Export Skills Program is part of the Victorian Government's $15.7 million Export Recovery Package (ERP) and aims to help Victorian businesses impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) to grow and develop their export skills and capabilities.
Free to attend, the program provides online training, webinars and face-to-face workshops across four streams:
- Export 101 Training Stream
- eCommerce Training Stream
- Virtual Trade Mission Training Stream
- Freight Training Stream
Delivered in partnership with the Global Trade Professionals Alliance (GTPA), the Export Skills Program will take you through the export life cycle – from the must-haves of paperwork and logistics through to the finer details of establishing business partnerships in other countries.
Who is the program designed for?
Whether you're considering embarking on the export journey or extending your business’s existing export capabilities, the Export Skills Program is essential training for:
- Victorian businesses new to exporting or having just commenced their export journey
- Victorian businesses interested in taking part in a Virtual Trade Mission
- Victorian businesses with a proven track-record, or potential for high-growth in export activity looking to refresh their export skills and capabilities
- Industry body representatives interested in increasing the overall export skills of their client-base.
How many events can I attend?
We understand that every business is at their own unique phase in the export journey, which is why this program offers flexibility. The choice is yours. Tailor your own schedule and select as many events as you like across all four streams.
Want to know more?
For more information about the Export Skills Program, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
Export 101 Training Stream
Dates: 17-26 May 2021
Introducing the essential skills required to help navigate your business for success, the Export 101 Training Stream covers:
- Market Diversification
- Pricing, foreign exchange and contract negotiation
- Addressing market entry barriers
- Logistics and risk management
eCommerce Training Stream
Dates: 26 May and 9 June 2021
The eCommerce Training Stream will deepen your understanding about buying and selling products online – essential learning in today's world of trade. Delivered as an online self-paced eLearning course, topics we'll be covering include:
- Differences between in-market eCommerce and Cross Border eCommerce
- Key players in eCommerce – particularly in Asia
- Considerations to be active in eCommerce in markets, such as costs, support, registration, onboarding, and Transaction Processing Systems (TPS)
- The importance of marketing – focusing on social media
- Profile of key markets across Asia – what are the main platforms and how do they all differ?
- Profiles and customer trends in key markets
- What Australian products do well in eCommerce, and why?
Virtual Trade Mission Training Stream
Dates: 13-27 May 2021
The Virtual Trade Missions Module is for Victorian businesses with skills needs in the world of eMeetings, and pitching and showcasing their capabilities online.
The module will cover essential requirements such as:
- Virtual presentation skills – learn how to deliver impactful content and increase your professionalism within the virtual space
- Pitch training:
- improving delivery and packaging information for most impact
- clearly expressing value proposition
- virtual business matching.
Freight Training Stream
Dates: 28 May-29 June 2021
The Freight Training Stream targets Victorian businesses with skills needs on their export journey.
Through a series of webinars and face-to-face workshops, we'll be covering five individual subject-specific areas:
- Perishable food and beverages;
- High value and sensitive freight – such as exports in medtech and healthcare, mining, and aerospace and aviation sectors
- Supply chain critical goods – including small volumes exported on a just-in-time basis
- Freight and logistics challenges to the America’s
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods.