Food Innovation Voucher
As part of the Victorian Government's Boost Your Business Program, the Food Innovation Voucher Stream is a new initiative that helps companies access the know-how needed to innovate, diversify, improve productivity and take new and innovative products to market.
The vouchers and associated Food Innovation Network will deliver on the Victorian Food and Fibre Sector strategy PDF, 1.0 MB.
At a glance
Potential assistance up to $10,000 is available for early stage feasibility and testing, and up to $50,000 for process innovation, product development, and research and development for small to medium enterprise with an operating presence in Victoria, registered as members of the Food Innovation Network.
Applications close at midnight, Sunday 22 December 2019.
The applicant business must:
- be a registered business in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be a legal entity engaged in the food value chain* – or a genuine commercial connection to the food value chain - and a member of the Victorian Food Innovation Network External link (opens in same window).
- meet industrial relations obligations in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- operate in Victoria
- employ 20 to 200 staff or has an annual turnover of more than $1.5 million
- co-contribute cash expenditure (or in-kind for early stage feasibility)
- conduct majority of proposed activities in Victoria in partnership with an approved Registered Service Provider
- participate in future program evaluation.
*For the purposes of this program, ‘food value chain’ includes agriculture (excluding forestry and fishing) and food and beverage manufacturing.
What you get
The Food Innovation Vouchers provide funding that can be used to access facilities, services, advice or expertise from approved service providers to help businesses innovate, diversify, improve productivity and take products to market. The funding cannot be used for business-as-usual activities.
Registered Service Providers
The Registered Service Providers are able to assist you to undertake a Voucher supported project and prepare a scope of works to support your application.
Please note that the information provided in this list may be subject to change.
Tips and hints
- Extent to which the project, funded by the voucher, has the potential to benefit the company in the long term (e.g job growth, access to new markets, improved productivity).
- Extent to which the proposed project will deliver on and/or aligns with the Voucher Stream objectives. The main objectives of the Food Innovation Voucher Stream are:
- foster industry engagement and collaboration between R&D providers and businesses;
- increase commercialisation rates of research through development of innovative products, packaging and processes in growth oriented SMEs;
- improve productivity levels by shifting the food sector’s focus and culture from reactive to proactive, and from survival to competitive and disruptive; and
- reduce the barriers and challenges faced by businesses which are limiting the level of investment in disruptive innovation.
- Demonstrated capacity or capability to successfully implement the project or project findings.
- The need for Government support for the project to proceed.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 22 December 2019.
Other Voucher Streams available
Explore the other Voucher Streams available for Victorian businesses to help them become more productive, employ more people, improve market access and in general, increase their scale, diversity, and profitability:
For further information regarding Registered Service Providers, eligibility requirements and assessment criteria, please contact:
Business Victoria on 13 22 15 or send an email to email@example.com