Global Gateway Program
The Global Gateway Program is a key part of the Victorian Government’s $15.7 million Export Recovery Package, supporting established Victorian exporters to stabilise their business and adapt their export strategies in response to the challenges created by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Global Gateway Grant Recipients Announced
On 29 March 2021, the Victorian Government announced the Global Gateway grant recipients representing a diverse range of industry sectors from across Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Each recipient will receive a one-off grant of up to $50,000 to engage professional service providers for project activities including market intelligence, market access and marketing and promotion, and help them continue to break new ground in international markets.
This record investment from the government will assist over 185 Victorian exporters to maintain their connection to international markets, champion Victorian export growth, safeguard jobs and drive the State’s economic recovery.
Collectively, the recipients generated more than $6.3 billion worth of exports in 2019-20 in key industries such as manufacturing, food and beverage, education and training, agriculture and fishing, and professional, scientific and tech services – accounting for 11 per cent of Victoria’s total exports.
Other Global Victoria programs and initiatives
In addition to the Global Gateway program, Global Victoria offers a range of dedicated support and resources to help you succeed on your export journey.
- Whether you’re looking at entering new markets or diversifying, Go Global can help your business achieve its goals by identifying gaps in capabilities and recommending the next steps for your export journey.
- The Export Skills Program provides online training and seminars as well as local and international workshops and briefings on specialist and topical themes essential for international trading success.
- Visit our regional insights page to read current market updates, and watch our in-country insights video series from our global network of Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices, highlighting export opportunities across a range of sectors.
- The Victorian eCommerce Network (VeN) offers Victorian businesses an opportunity to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with other like-minded businesses interested in taking advantage of global eCommerce opportunities.
- Explore our upcoming virtual trade missions which play an important role in supporting your business expand its global possibilities with international markets.
- Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter, Globally Connected.