About our Virtual Trade Missions
At Global Victoria, we’re continually looking for new and innovative ways to help Victorian businesses become more globally connected.
Our trade mission program plays an important role in supporting Victorian businesses to expand their potential in international markets and increase their exports.
As part of the Victorian Government’s $15.7million Export Recovery Package, we'll be delivering a suite of Virtual Trade Missions (VTMs) in 2020/21. The program aims to connect businesses to global opportunities and help them conduct their international business across digital platforms.
The VTM program builds on our comprehensive suite of initiatives and global network of 23 Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices.
Based on individual requirements, eligible Victorian businesses taking part in the VTM program may have access to the following trade mission components:
- business matching and one-to-one introductions
- engaging virtual networking events
- virtual exhibitions, panel sessions, group briefings, market insights and other trade mission content
- in-market experiences for international delegates – showcasing Victorian products in markets where coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions allow
- virtual presenting and pitch training
- marketing collateral creation including video content.
Key sectors of focus
Developed in partnership with industry partners or as stand-alone tailored programs around existing events and global trade shows, the key sectors of focus for the VTM program include:
- health, medical technologies and pharmaceuticals
- defence and advanced manufacturing
- professional services
- international education and education technology (EdTech)
- wellness, beauty and lifestyle brands.
An important notice for Victorian food and beverage businessesFood and Beverage programs for 2020/2021 are being developed with Industry partners and details will be shared as soon as they come to hand.
To take part in the VTM program, Victorian businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally structured business registered in Victoria.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Further eligibility requirements may apply and will be outlined when more detailed information is announced.
How do I apply?
To register your interest with the VTM program and to find out if you meet the eligibility criteria, connect with a Global Victoria representative by sending an email to email@example.com
Our other initiatives to help your business go global
Global Victoria also offers a range of dedicated support and resources to help businesses succeed on their export journey.
- Explore our eCommerce program providing Victorian businesses opportunities to engage with an eCommerce platform within a designated international market or through cross border eCommerce channels.
- Visit our Global Gateway program which offers eligible businesses access to a grant of up to $50,000 to engage professional service providers for activities including market intelligence, market access and marketing and promotion.
- Try our free, online export readiness self-assessment, Go Global to help your business achieve its goals by identifying gaps in capabilities and recommending the next steps in your export journey to help bridge those gaps.
- Register for our Export Skills Program [provides online training and seminars as well as local and international workshops and briefings on specialist and topical themes essential for international trading success.
- Visit our regional insights page to read current market updates and watch our in-country insights video series delivered from the team across our global network of 23 VGTIs, highlighting export opportunities across a range of sectors.