Beauty and Wellness Mission to India: March 2021
The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria, invites export-ready Victorian beauty and wellness companies to join the Beauty and Wellness Virtual Trade Mission to India from 8 - 12 March 2021.
In recent years we’ve seen a growing interest in Victorian and Australian brands from the Indian market. With Australia’s clean and green reputation, India’s appetite for fresh new products that are cruelty free and the region's growth in eCommerce, now is the time to seize this fantastic opportunity.
Now is an opportune time to be tapping into the India market on the back of the growth of eCommerce:
- Amazon India launched an Australia landing page in February 2020 with a strong focus on beauty and wellness
- Expansion plans of many Indian eCommerce and retail channels
- Heightened awareness and interest in Victorian beauty and wellness brands from consumers and major eCommerce platforms in India
- Regulatory challenges in other markets
- Market diversification.
What types of businesses should attend?
Victorian businesses in the beauty and wellness sector are invited to apply for this trade mission. Companies must be currently exporting, or be able to demonstrate that they are export ready, to be eligible for this mission.
Indian regulations do not allow for skincare and cosmetic products that are tested on animals to be imported into India, so all participating businesses’ products must be cruelty-free.
A maximum of 15 companies will be accepted to participate in the mission.
Why should I attend?
Taking part in this virtual trade mission will provide opportunities to:
- build market insights
- explore opportunities
- expand your networks
- promote your capabilities
- identify potential partners
- virtually meet with some of India’s largest online platforms, as well as smaller platforms upon request.
There will also be a strong PR element to this mission which includes online promotions and engagement with bloggers and influencers.
A number of online business briefings will be planned with major eCommerce platforms including Amazon India, Nykaa, Myntra and Luxasia.
In addition, participating businesses' will have the opportunity to engage with smaller platforms, in the form of one-on-one business meetings that are pre-arranged upon request.
Delegates will be provided with a list of platforms/channels in India so they can identify those they would like to meet with. Meetings will be facilitated by our Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices in Bangalore and Mumbai.
Participating delegates will be required to pre-record a short ‘pitch video’ that will be sent to the major platforms ahead of the mission, giving them some background information about your business. Global Victoria will provide guidance to delegates to create their video.
- Global Victoria will host an online pre-mission briefing in February (exact date to be confirmed).
During the mission
- Global Victoria will organise and host workshops, seminars and business meetings.
- Global Victoria will facilitate introductions to key decision makers at major eCommerce platforms in India.
- Some PR activity will also be included, limited to the discretion of Global Victoria.
- Global Victoria will host an online post-mission briefing with delegates
- Assistance with follow-ups and further introductions.
Virtual trade mission details
Mission dates: 8-12 March 2021
Applications open: Monday 18 January 2021
Applications close: Monday 25 January 2021
Want to know more?For more information about this virtual trade mission, and to register your interest to attend, contact our Program Manager Elizabeth Moffat by sending her an email.