Big Data World: Singapore October 2019
Register your interestApplications have now closed for this trade mission. Register with us and keep up to date for any future trade missions, or propose your own.
Global Victoria invites export-ready Victorian technology companies with big data solutions to join this technology trade mission to Big Data World, Singapore. This will be Global Victoria's first presence at Big Data World since its launch in Singapore in 2013.
Why Big Data?
Big data is being generated by a myriad of industries including the banking & finance, retail, ecommerce, environmental, leisure & hospitality and medical industries. A company’s ability to integrate, manage and analyse its data to make better business decisions is vital to their economic growth and prosperity.
Big Data World 2018
Why Southeast Asia?
Singapore is considered a key hub for doing business in Southeast Asia.
It has become the regional lead in financial services, cyber security and big data analytics. However, across the region, many governments are developing and implementing policy to drive economic growth through the adoption of new disruptive technologies.
- Thailand’s Industry 4.0 policy that is modernising its economy and driving reform by drawing on future technology to drive smart manufacturing, smart cities, clean technology, workforce skills, cybersecurity technologies and digital business.
- Indonesia’s economic plan which focuses on infrastructure development and social assistance programs related to education and health-care.
What types of businesses should attend?
Applications are sought from Victorian ICT/ Technology companies with solutions and services including (but not limited to):
- Applications in analytic and performance management including:
- enterprise performance management
- customer relationship analytics
- supply chain and logistical analytics
- production planning
- workforce analytics
- service operations
- Analytic data management and integration platforms including:
- data integration and integrity tools
- continuous analytics tools
- Business intelligence and analytics tools supporting:
- advanced predictive analytics
- content analysis
- search systems
- spatial and location analytics
- query, reporting and analysis
- AI software platforms
Why should you attend?
- will enable delegates to;
- build market insights
- explore market opportunities
- expand their networks
- showcase their capabilities
- identify potential partners and customers
- will include;
- a tailored program of business development activities
- business matching meetings
- business networking opportunities
- attendance at the Big Data World conference
- will be intimate – only accepting a maximum of 16 companies.
Apply to join as a networker
Companies may also seek to participate in the trade mission as ‘networkers’ and elect not to have an exhibition pod. As a networker, companies will be invited to networking events, have their company profile included in the Mission Directory and can submit panel session topics.
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the third-party business matching service provider, and the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in Singapore.
- Promotion in the Victorian Government mission’s marketing materials and through social media channels.
- Pre-mission briefing held in Melbourne prior to the official start of the mission.
On the mission
- On-ground assistance from the Victorian Government
- Business matching meetings provided by a third-party service provider
- Exhibition space at Big Data World in the Victorian Government pavilion
- Networking event hosted by the Victorian Government with key industry players
- Company profile included in the Mission Directory
- Access to Big Data World business meeting software to arrange meetings directly
- Promotion and possible speaking opportunities at Big Data World conference
- Post-mission briefing with delegates
- Assistance with follow-ups
What's not included?
The Victorian Government will not pay for airfares, accommodation, ground transport or meals outside of official activities.
Mission dates: Wednesday 9 to Thursday 10 October 2019
Pre-mission briefing: details to be released soon
Applications: currently open
Applications close: Friday 30 August 2019
Please note that applications for this trade mission have now closed.
For any enquiries or to find out more about the trade mission, contact Amelia King by sending her an email