BIO International Convention: USA June 2019
Register your interestApplications have now closed for this trade mission. Register with us and keep up to date for any future trade missions, or propose your own.
Victorian Government, through Global Victoria, is seeking applicants to join the Australian delegation at the 2019 BIO International Convention in Philadelphia, USA from 2 to 6 June 2019.
VIDEO: James C Greenwood – President & CEO, BIO Innovation Organization
Why BIO 2019?
Victoria has significant strengths in a range of research and industry capabilities including infectious disease and diagnostics, cancer, neurology and regenerative medicine.
Melbourne is also a leading international location and strategic hub in the Asia-Pacific for:
- new drug candidate identification
- medicinal chemistry
- drug optimisation
- clinical trials.
The Victorian Government is committed to continuing to build and showcase the state's strengths at BIO 2019 by providing your organisation with:
- a variety of marketing opportunities
- connection points
- networking resources to support your participation at the convention
- promotion of any announcement you might like to make.
What types of businesses should attend?
Companies seeking global opportunities in areas of business development, partnerships and licencing, sales, marketing and distribution are encouraged to apply.
The types of companies include:
- pharmaceutical and life sciences organisations
- CROs and service providers specialising in the areas of;
- drug discovery
- cell therapy.
Global Victoria will:
- collaborate with our Boston Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office, and work with Invest Victoria to assist in maximising business opportunities
- provide opportunities for you to set up an email introduction or conference call to discuss your business needs in the market
- support any media announcements that you would like to present at the convention
- boost the profile of Victorian organisations through our social media channels
- host a pre-BIO2019 Convention briefing to be held in Melbourne just prior to departure.
Global Victoria will:
- hold a dedicated area within the Australian Pavilion
- provide complimentary logos for up to 20 selected Victorian organisations to be exhibited on the Victorian section of the Australian Pavilion
- provide space at the Victorian section for organisations to display marketing material
- set up informal meeting areas for delegates within the Victorian stand
- a separate meeting room outside of the Australia Pavilion for Victorian organisations to use
- plan targeted networking events – including a formal welcome and networking reception
- offer Bio-One-on-One Partnering to selected eligible Victorian companies who have a paid and upgradable registration – please note there are a limited number of upgrades available, and applicants are subject to selection criteria such as their alignment to the areas of strength outlined in our "Why BIO 2019?" section above.
Global Victoria will work with participating Victorian organisations to leverage meetings held during BIO2019, and follow-up on initial engagements with personal invitations to visit Melbourne, and continue to explore opportunities or to execute partnering deals.
What's not included?
Global Victoria will not pay for delegates airfares, accommodation, meals outside of official activities, convention or registration fees.
Eligibility, terms and conditions
Applications will be subject to an approval process and participation will be at the discretion of the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Resources (DJPR).
Read the terms and conditions for participation in the Victorian Government's trade mission program.
Mission dates: Sunday 2 June to Thursday 6 June 2019
Location: Philadelphia, USA
Pre-mission briefing: details to be released soon
Applications: open 22 March 2019
Key pointers for applicants
During the application process, you'll be prompted to confirm what benefits you would like to apply for, which include:
- the BIO-One-on-One Partnering upgrade to your BIO registration
- a logo display at the Victorian stand
- any media announcements or case studies you'd like to propose.
Applications have now closed.
Want to know more?
If you have any enquiries, send an email to Libby O'Connor, our Senior Trade Manager of Health, Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals.