EdTech Mission to Latin America: May 2021
Applications have now closed for this virtual trade mission.
The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria invites up to ten export-ready Victorian education technology (EdTech) companies to join the EdTech Virtual Trade Mission (VTM) to Latin America.
This virtual mission will be a specialist two-week program co-organised in partnership with Global Edtech Impact Alliance and supported by EduGrowth, designed to identify market opportunities, fast-track market entry and improve success prospects in the Latin American education technology and innovation market, including in the sectors of:
- K12 schools
- higher education
- corporate training and professional development.
This VTM will provide a unique opportunity for Victorian export-ready Edtech providers to gain market exposure in LATAM, build a relevant network of potential partners and clients, showcase their value proposition, and identify commercial opportunities.
Why Latin America?
Home to 650 million people, Latin America had one of the fastest growing enrolment rates in higher education in the world prior to the pandemic.
According to The Economist, at the peak of the pandemic in 2020, more than 95 per cent of the region’s 150 million pupils remained at home. Governments, K12 schools, universities and tertiary institutions across the region are scaling up efforts to secure the continuity of education delivery, including by investing in enhancing their online management and delivery capability, including but not limited to the following technologies:
- Learning Management Systems.
- Online teaching, including platform and content development.
- English language learning.
- Online assessments.
- Upskilling and professional development.
Venture capital investment in the Latin American technology sector has grown dramatically over the past three years.
According to the Latin American Venture Capital Association, in 2019 early stage investment in the region soared to a record USD $4.6 billion, positioning LATAM as one of the most vibrant regions in the emerging world. In mid-2020, HolonIQ launched its LATAM Edtech 100, a list of the most innovative education technology companies across Latin America, highlighting the increasingly innovative education technologies sector.
In this context, Victorian EdTech providers with experience in emerging and other export markets are well placed to be part of Latin America’s education transformation.
Why should you apply?
This VTM is specifically designed to connect participants with pre-identified real-time opportunities that exist for each company’s specific product or service.
Our VTM's enable Victorian exporters to:
- build market insights
- explore opportunities
- expand their networks
- promote their capabilities
- identify and engage potential partners or buyers.
What types of businesses should apply?
Export-ready Victorian Edtech providers with a history of exporting to emerging markets, who are able to demonstrate export experience or have a clear business plan identifying Latin America as a short-term priority market to engage are encouraged to apply.
- Preliminary one-hour individual mentoring session with a LATAM market expert consultant to gain a better understanding on the LATAM Edtech market, obtain advice on your company’s value proposition and the best strategies for presenting in-market
- Roundtables and presentations with relevant stakeholders in selected markets (focused on Mexico, Brazil, Chile and Colombia)
- Direct introductions with potential clients and partners
- Individual one-hour mentoring session with a LATAM Expert consultant at the end of the mission to recap on lessons learned and discuss concrete next steps in-market
- Support for media announcements or stories companies would like to propose
- Promotion within the Victorian Government VTM marketing materials and through its social media and other communication channels.
Mission dates: 3 - 14 May 2021
Applications open: Tuesday 30 March, 2021
Applications close: COB Monday 19 April, 2021
Contact usFor more information about this VTM, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org