Exponor: Antofagasta May 2019
Global Victoria invites applications to participate in a mining equipment, technology and services (METS) trade mission to Exponor 2019 in Antofagasta, Chile from 27 to 30 May 2019.
Successful applicants will have access to subsidised Exponor tickets as well as a range of networking, tailored business matching and mine site visit opportunities.
Chile is a major global producer of copper, gold, lithium, rhenium, iodine and many other commodities.
Mine operators in Chile face challenges such as the need to increase efficiency to be globally competitive and to better address environmental and social licence issues. There are a range of opportunities for Victorian METS to provide specialised goods and services to this important market.
Additionally, Chile with its strong political and economic stability provides an excellent base to explore and access the sizeable opportunities in neighbouring countries such as Peru and Ecuador.
What types of businesses should attend?
Innovative Victorian METS companies are welcome to apply for this mission. This could include companies with expertise in:
- mining consumables
- solutions to enhance productivity such as automation or robotics
- safety, environment, water management, energy efficiency
- consulting/engineering services
- technical skills training courses
Why should you attend?
Building on the success of last year's trade mission to Expomin in Santiago, this trade mission provides an opportunity for Victorian-based METS businesses to visit a world-leading copper production region and meet with key decision makers form leading mining companies with a presence in the region, including BHP Billiton, Anglo American, Teck, Codelco, KGHM, Rockwood and Antofagasta Minerals.
- An email introduction/conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in Santiago.
- Promotion in mission marketing materials produced by Global Victoria and through our social media channels.
- A pre-mission briefing to be held in Melbourne – details to be released soon.
On the mission
- Subsidised tickets to Exponor for successful applicants.
- Market briefing sessions for Chile and other countries in the region.
- Transportation to and from offsite business meetings/site visits within your program.
- On-ground assistance from the Victorian Government.
- Business matching meetings provided by the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in Santiago tailored to your specific business needs.
- Networking event hosted by the Victorian Government with key industry representatives from the wider region.
- Post-mission briefing with delegates.
- Assistance with follow-ups.
- An evaluation form which will be distributed to all delegates to receive valuable feedback.
What's not included?
The Victorian Government will not pay for airfares, accommodation, meals or ground transport outside of official activities.
Mission dates: 27 to 30 May 2019
Location: Antofagasta, Chile
For further information about this trade mission, please send our Senior Trade Manager for Professional Services, Elise Coughlin an email