India Logistics: India November 2019
Planning is underway
Please note that planning is currently underway for this trade mission. The information provided below is indicative only and the location and dates may be subject to change pending feedback from expressions of interest.
The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria, invites export-ready Victorian logistics and logistics services companies to express their interest in joining a logistics focused trade mission to India in November 2019.
Why logistics India?
Rapid growth in consumer demand and urbanisation in India is driving the expansion of India’s logistics sector. The Indian Government and private sector are investing in supporting infrastructure and turning to new technology solutions to enhance logistics delivery.
There are opportunities for Victorian companies to leverage Victoria’s expertise in running one of the world’s most efficient, safe and sustainable freight and logistics network to provide services in best practice models, skills training and new logistics technologies.
- India’s logistics sector was estimated to be worth US$160 billion in 2018 and forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.5 per cent over the next two years to reach $215 billion by 2020 (Economic Survey).
- The sector is expected to create an additional 3 million new jobs over the next four years, increasing the logistics workforce from over 10.9 million in 2018 to 13.9 million by 2022 (TeamLease).
- The Indian Government is investing heavily in transport infrastructure across the county.
- This year’s Union Budget includes railways infrastructure enhancement, leveraging inland waterways for freight transportation and a commitment to construct 35,000 kilometres of national highways and all-weather roads to every village by June 2022.
- Recent reforms and policy interventions like relaxed FDI regulations and the implementation of the GST – which transformed India into a single market for the first time – are transforming logistics nationally.
- Growth in India’s eCommerce sector is driving demand for warehousing and last-mile delivery.
- eCommerce providers are looking for cutting-edge logistical fleets, equipped – for example, with RFID and drones that optimise the entire process.
- The Indian Government’s A$20 billion "100 Smart Cities" program is focusing on intelligent transport systems to enhance passenger and commercial transport.
- India is one of the world’s largest producers of fruits, vegetables, meat and seafood, but the nation has access to only 60 percent of the produce.
What types of businesses should attend?
Expressions of interest are sought from Victorian logistics companies with services and solutions including:
- technology and R&D
- skills development
- best practice and policy frameworks
- ports and airport freight handling
- cold storage
Why should you attend?
This trade mission will enable delegates to build market insights, explore market opportunities, expand their networks, showcase their capabilities and identify potential partners and clients. It will comprise a targeted group of companies to maximise engagement opportunities and support provided by India's VGTI offices.
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in India
- Pre-mission briefing held in Melbourne prior to the official start of the mission
- Attend the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport India Expo 2019 in Delhi
- Site visit to Mumbai’s Dabbawala Association
- Business matching meetings provided by the VGTI office in India
- Transportation to and from offsite business meetings within your program
- On-ground assistance from the Victorian Government
- Post-mission briefing with delegates
On the mission
What's not included?
The Victorian Government will not pay for delegates airfares, accommodation, ground transport and meals outside of official activities.
Eligibility and Ts&Cs?
Expressions of interest will be subject to an approval process and participation will be at the discretion of the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Resources (DJPR).
Read the terms and conditions for participation in the Victorian Government's trade mission program.
We value your feedback
This trade mission is in the early stages of scoping, and we welcome expressions of interest to guide us in determining industry interest in the areas listed above, with an aim to refine the focus based on industry demand.
Mission dates: Monday 18 November to Friday 22 November 2019
Locations: Chennai, Mumbai and Delhi
Expressions of interest and enquiries
To express your interest or to find out more details, please contact Alex Veale by sending him an email.