Medtech Pharma: China March 2019
The Trade Mission will comprise a program of site visits, business networking and opportunities for participating delegates to develop relationships with key players in China’s Medtech Pharma sector.
It is proposed that this mission will start in Shanghai where delegates will participate in the AusBio Invest Forum before travelling to the Greater Bay Area (Guangzhou and Shenzhen) and finishing in Chengdu. Delegates may participate in all or part of the program.
China is emerging as a significant market for Medtech and Pharma, with Pharmaceutical sales in China expected to rise from USD$108B in 2016, to USD$167B by 2020.
By 2022, it is expected that China’s annual growth rate, which currently averages 30 per cent of biomedical R&D will surpass the USA. The Greater Bay Area in particular presents significant opportunities for Medtech and Pharma companies. The Greater Bay area in China accommodates 68 million people with a total GDP output of US$1.4 trillion and been identified as an emerging commercial powerhouse to rival Silicon Valley.
What types of businesses should attend?
Companies that work within the medtech and pharma sector, including clinical trials, medical devices, digital health, SMEs, early start-ups, academic institutions, and service providers.
Why should you attend?
Trade missions enable Victorian exporters to build market insights, explore opportunities, expand their networks, promote their capabilities and identify potential partners.
By participating in the mission, you will make important contacts from within the delegation, sharing expertise and exploring potential collaborations with other Victorian Medtech Pharma businesses who are on the same journey.
The mission will be intimate, accepting a maximum of 15 companies providing for a bespoke and tailored program for every company participating.
Attendees will gain access to key decision makers and industry stakeholders from the Chinese Government, industry associations, enterprise and Medtech Pharma sectors.
The Victorian Government is keen to showcase Victoria’s capability in the Medtech Pharma sector and will provide your organisation with a variety of marketing opportunities, connection points and networking resources to support your participation, including any announcement you might like to make.
- The Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in China will work together to assist in maximising business opportunities.
- We can also organise an email introduction/conference call to discuss your business needs in the market.
- Any media announcements/stories that you would like to propose.
- Strategic news and case studies to boost the profile of Victorian organisations through conventional and social media channels. Please let us know if there are any stories that you would like included.
- A pre-mission briefing will also be held in Melbourne just prior to departure.
On the mission
- Transportation to and from any offsite business meetings made by the department as part of your program.
- On-ground assistance and expertise on demand from the Victorian Government.
- Business matching services tailored to your specific needs as part of your program.
- Networking events.
- We're keen to work with Victorian organisations to be able to follow-up on initial engagements at during the mission with personal invitations to visit Melbourne and continue to explore opportunities, or to execute partnering deals.
What's not included?
Victorian Government will not pay for your airfares, accommodation, ground transport or meals outside of official activities.