MiningWorld: Russia April 2019
Register your interestApplications have now closed for this trade mission. Register with us and keep up to date for any future trade missions, or propose your own.
Global Victoria invites applications to participate in a mining and METS trade mission based around the MiningWorld Conference in Moscow.
The Trade Mission will commence with a day of market briefings, roundtables with key players in the Russian mining industry, business matching, and an evening networking event.
The following days will be spent at Mining World Russia, the region’s premier mining and METS expo. Global Victoria will provide a shared exhibition space in which a limited number of participating companies will be able to display company information, and network with visitors to the exhibition space.
An optional extension day to St Petersburg to explore further business opportunities, as well as collaborations with the Russian university sector, will follow the expo.
Why should you attend?
As a leading producer of bauxite, coal, copper, diamond, gold, iron ore, lead, nickel, PGM, potash, silver, uranium and other commodities, Russia provides a wide range of opportunities for Victorian METS seeking to access markets across the entire Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Trade missions enable Victorian METS exporters to build market insights, explore opportunities, expand their networks, promote their capabilities and identify potential partners.
By participating in the mission, you will make important contacts from within the delegation, sharing expertise and exploring potential collaborations with other Victorian METS businesses who are on the same journey.
- An email introduction/conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office responsible for Russia
- Promotion in the Victorian Government mission’s marketing materials and through social media channels.
- A pre-mission briefing held in Melbourne
On the mission:
- Exhibition space at GESS in the Victorian Government pavilion (limited numbers of companies can be accommodated; non-exhibiting participants may also apply)
- Expo tickets and gala reception attendance
- Transportation to and from offsite business meetings within your program
- On-ground assistance and expertise on demand from the Victorian Government
- Business matching meetings provided by VGTI office in Dubai and tailored to your specific business needs
- Networking event hosted by the Victorian Government with key industry and Russian government representatives
- Attendance, promotion and speaking opportunities at GESS
- Post-mission debrief with delegates
- Assistance with follow-ups
- An evaluation form will be distributed to all participants to receive your valuable feedback
What's not included?
Victorian Government will not pay for delegates airfares, accommodation, ground transport or meals outside of official activities.
Mission dates: 22 to 26 April 2019
Location: Moscow, Russia
Applications: close at midnight Friday 22 February
Want to know more?
For further information about this trade mission, contact our trade specialist for Professional Services, Alex Veale by sending him an email.