Mining World Russia: Russia April 2020
Global Victoria invites export-ready Victorian mining and METS companies to join a trade mission to Russia to exhibit at the Mining World Russia expo.
Why Mining World Russia?
Mining World Russia is the most important mining exhibition and convention covering Russia and the surrounding Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) region, and is the most internationalised and accessible forum for Australian METS firms to gain exposure and traction in the Russia & CIS markets. As a result of the density of regional mining company headquarters in Moscow, Mining World Russia effectively captures senior executives, mine superintendents, procurement managers and technical staff for the duration of the event.
In 2019, Mining World Russia attracted more than 6000 visitors and 431 exhibitors from 29 countries.
Russia & CIS are leading producers and investment destinations for mining. Russia is a leading producer of bauxite, coal, copper, gold, iron ore, lead and nickel, while Kazakhstan holds 30 per cent of the world’s chrome ore reserves, 25 per cent of manganese ore, 10 per cent of iron ore, 5.5 per cent of copper, 10 per cent of lead and 13 per cent of zinc, according to official estimates.
Major projects focussed on the extraction of these commodities provides significant opportunities for Victorian METS able to leverage Australia’s enviable reputation in mining safety, optimisation and sustainability.
What types of companies should attend?
A wide range of METS will find value in this conference, with key areas including:
- Exploration and drilling
- Drilling and blasting
- Mining engineers and consultants
- Environmental services
- Education and training
- Optimisation and automation
- Mineral processing
Why should you attend?
The mission will enable delegates to:
- Build market insights
- Explore market opportunities
- Expand their networks
- Showcase their capabilities
- Identify potential partners and customers.
The mission will include business matching meetings, briefing sessions, networking opportunities and site visits.
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market.
- Promotion in the Victorian Government mission marketing materials and through social media channels.
On the mission
- One exhibition pod per company in the Victorian Government stand
- All stand building and design costs
- Market briefing roundtables
- On-ground assistance and industry introductions from Global Victoria and Austrade Russian-speaking staff
- Site visits to a mine site and to St Petersburg are also under consideration
- Business matching and opportunities to pitch your company
- Post-mission briefing with delegates
- Assistance with follow-ups
Mission dates: 20 April to 24 April 2020
Location: Moscow with potential site visits following the expo
Applications: currently open
Applications close: 28 February 2020
Want to know more?
To find out more and for further information about this trade mission, contact our Senior Trade Manager for Professional Services, Alex Veale by sending him an email