NATHEALTH: India March 2019
The Victorian Government, through Global Victoria, is pleased to invite you to join their delegation to the 2019 NATHEALTH conference in New Delhi, India in March 2019.
The trade mission will comprise a program of site visits and business networking centred around the NATHEALTH conference in New Delhi, India. The trade mission will visit three different regions in India, starting in Bengaluru, moving to Mumbai, and finishing up in New Delhi at the NATHEALTH conference.
NATHEALTH is India’s peak industry body for the private healthcare sector. This mission will provide participating delegates with opportunities to develop relationships with key players in India’s health and medtech sector.
Please note the exact dates for the NATHEALTH India trade mission are TBA.
India is emerging as the world’s third largest start-up ecosystem, with medtech/ digital health companies forming a strong cluster within this ecosystem. The Indian healthcare industry is one of India’s fastest growing sectors and is expected to grow to USD$372 billion by 2022.
The growth is driven by increased consumer spending, shifting disease burdens and the sheer size of population, supported by the Indian Government’s initiatives to improve national healthcare infrastructure.
Victoria's India Strategy: Our Shared Future
Unveiled by the Victorian Government on 14 January 2018, Victoria’s India Strategy: Our shared future is an ambitious blueprint to further strengthen Victoria’s engagement with India.
Pinpointing priority sectors where Victoria’s world-class offerings align with India’s strategy for growth, as well as both governments’ shared priority for strengthening their economies and creating more jobs, the Strategy includes a set of 10-year targets.
What types of businesses should attend?
Organisations that work within the medtech and health sector, including medtech/ digital health technologies, education, training and clinical trials are encouraged to apply.
Why should you attend?
Trade missions enable Victorian exporters to build market insights, explore opportunities, expand their networks, promote their capabilities and identify potential partners.
By participating in the mission, you will make important contacts from within the delegation, sharing expertise and exploring potential collaborations with other Victorian Medtech Pharma businesses that are on the same journey.
The mission will be intimate, accepting a maximum of 15 companies providing for a bespoke and tailored program for every company participating.
Attendees will gain access to key decision makers and industry stakeholders from the Indian Government, industry associations, enterprise and Medtech Pharma sectors.
The Victorian Government is keen to showcase Victoria’s capability in the Medtech Pharma sector and will provide your organisation with a variety of marketing opportunities, connection points and networking resources to support your participation, including any announcement you might like to make.
- The Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office in India will work together to assist in maximising business opportunities.
- We can also organise an email introduction/conference call to discuss your business needs in the market.
- Any media announcements/stories that you would like to propose.
- Strategic news and case studies to boost the profile of Victorian organisations through conventional and social media channels. Please let us know if there are any stories that you would like included.
- A pre-mission briefing will also be held in Melbourne just prior to departure.
On the mission
- Transportation to and from any offsite business meetings made by the department as part of your program.
- On-ground assistance and expertise on demand from the Victorian Government.
- Business matching services tailored to your specific needs as part of your program.
- Networking events.
- We're keen to work with Victorian organisations to be able to follow-up on initial engagements at during the mission with personal invitations to visit Melbourne and continue to explore opportunities, or to execute partnering deals.
What's not included?
The Victorian Government will not pay for airfares, accommodation, meals outside of official activities or conference registration fees.