Sportstech Mission to the United Kingdom: April 2021
Please note that allocations for this virtual trade mission are now exhausted and applications have closed.
Global Victoria, in partnership with iSportConnect, and in collaboration with the UK Department of International Trade, and the Victorian Government Trade and Investment office in London, invites export-ready Victorian sportstech companies to join the Sportstech Virtual Trade Mission (VTM) to the United Kingdom (UK) from 20-22 April 2021.
Scheduled to run over three days and including targeted business matching and connections to world-leading decision makers within the sports industry, delegates will have opportunities to build market insights, explore opportunities, expand their networks, promote their capabilities and drive exports.
Why the United Kingdom?
- The UK continues to host some of the largest sports and entertainment properties in the world. For Victorian companies looking to expand their global footprint – and despite Brexit – remains a key entry point into Europe and its wider markets.
- The UK remains a beacon for sport and sportstech within the broader European region where some of the world’s largest teams and sporting federations exist.
- Having built a global reputation as one of the hottest tech hubs, and received more investment than France and Germany combined in 2019, the UK accounts for around one third of all investment into the European tech space.
- Sports and entertainment organisations in the UK are looking for innovative solutions to a number of challenges since the global pandemic, creating significant opportunities for Victorian sportstech companies to provide their services.
- Opportunities exist across multiple sporting codes and participation levels. Export-ready companies with existing ties with the UK – who are able to adapt promptly in a fast-moving industry – are well positioned to capitalise. Additionally the post-Brexit landscape means that now more than ever, UK companies are willing to look outside Europe for partnerships.
- In a 2019 Report commissioned by LaunchVic and KPMG, Victorian sportstech companies identified the UK and Europe as the second most important market for ongoing and future engagement. The same report identified ‘facilitated introductions to sports markets’ and dedicated networking sessions as the most useful initiatives to achieve future growth and scale.
What types of businesses should attend?
Applications are sought from export-ready Victorian sports technology companies with solutions in the following areas:
- sports analytics
- sports performance
- fan engagement
- broadcast / media
- stadium infrastructure
- sports health and medtech / rehab
- AI / AR / VR
Companies with their product ready should have a history of exporting to the UK or at least have proven export experience in other markets and a clear business plan identifying the UK as an immediate priority market to engage.
Why should I attend?
The Sportstech VTM to the UK is specifically designed to connect participants with pre-identified real-time opportunities that exist for each company’s specific product and/or service.
Led by Global Victoria, in partnership with iSportconnect, the VTM will run over 3 days and include targeted business matching and connections to world leading decision makers within the sport industry.
iSportConnect is the world’s largest private network of sports business executives, with over 24,000 members from all four corners of the globe. iSportConnect prides itself on being the home for C/Director Level executives from all key stakeholders of the industry to network, learn and do business.
Virtual Trade Missions (VTMs) enable Victorian exporters to:
- build market insights
- explore opportunities
- expand their networks
- promote their capabilities
- identify and engage potential partners / buyers.
This VTM will accept a maximum of 20 Victorian companies so that each company will be provided with a bespoke, tailored program.
Delegates will be provided with assistance and opportunities that focus on achieving their business goals.
- Global Victoria together with the UK Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) office will collaborate with iSportconnect to assist in maximising business opportunities.
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market with the business matching service providers and appropriate partners.
- Support for media announcements or stories you would like to promote.
- Promotion through Global Victoria's social media channels.
- An online pre-mission briefing.
- Opportunities to network with other delegates.
On the virtual mission:
- Bespoke business matching program and support tailored to your company’s needs.
- Sector specific briefings.
- Networking opportunities.
- An evaluation form will be distributed to all businesses.
- Where requested a follow up with delegates will be held.
Virtual trade mission details
Mission dates: Tuesday 20 April to Thursday 22 April 2021
Applications open: Monday 1 February 2021
Applications close: 11.59 pm on Friday 26 March 2021
Please note that allocations for this virtual trade mission are now exhausted. For further information, contact Adrian Persi by sending him an email.
Want to know more?
If you have any questions about this VTM, get in contact with us by sending an email to VTM@global.vic .gov.au.