Urban Development & Smart Cities: India May 2019
Global Victoria will lead an urban development trade mission to the India Smart Cities Conference and Expo – a multi-disciplinary event covering urban services, buildings, water, transport and energy sector opportunities from 19 to 24 May 2019.
Why Smart Cities India?
Rapid urbanisation and the Indian Government’s AU$20 billion "100 Smart Cities" program are driving increased investment in urban planning, building design and construction solutions, transport technology, urban water management and smart energy across India.
- Architecture, urban planning and design: India is redeveloping existing cities and planning new cities, opening opportunities for Australian expertise in master planning, urban design and architecture.
- Transport management: rapid urbanisation is creating higher demand for better and safer transport creating opportunities in road safety systems and intelligent transport solution.
- Water and the environment: improved water and environmental management are a high priority for the national government with emerging opportunities related to water sensitive urban design, water treatment and supply, environmental monitoring and smart metering technologies.
- Smart energy: the Indian government has announced an ambitious target of 227 GGW of renewable energy by 2022. While large scale solar, wind and hydro play a major role, there are also opportunities in rooftop solar, floating solar, smart grids, energy storage, green building and electric vehicles
What types of businesses should attend?
We encourage participation from Victorian businesses with capabilities in:
- urban planning and architecture
- water and waste solutions
- environmental management
- urban road design, road safety systems and intelligent transport
- infrastructure finance.
A pre-mission briefing focusing on the opportunities available in this dynamic market. Hear from a range of India experts on market entry strategies, key challenges, and how your business can equip itself to successfully operate in this market.
During the mission
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- visit the India Smart Cities conference and exhibition in New Delhi
- join a series of high-level networking events
- participate in market briefings and seminars
- access personalised business matching services.
Elements of this program will be delivered in partnership with Austrade. The final trade mission program will be tailored to meet the needs of participants.
What's not included?
Delegates are required to fund their airfares, hotel accommodation and on the ground expenses such as surface travel and meals.
Eligibility, terms and conditions
Applications will be subject to an approval process and participation will be at the discretion of the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Resources (DJPR).
Read the terms and conditions for participation in the Victorian Government's trade mission program.
Mission dates: Sunday 19 May to Friday 24 May 2019
Location: Bengaluru and New Delhi, India (with potential site visits to Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and Chennai depending on delegate interests)
Pre-mission briefing: register for the upcoming briefing by sending Elise Coughlin an email
Applications: close at 5 pm on Friday 5 April 2019
For further information about this trade mission, please send our Senior Trade Manager for Professional Services, Elise Coughlin an email