Virtual Maryland BIO Innovation Conference October 2020
The State Government of Victoria, through its trade facilitation agency, Global Victoria invites export-ready Victorian life science companies to express their interest to attend the Maryland Life Sciences Bio Innovation Conference.
The Conference is the region’s key industry event for the lifesciences industry in Maryland and provides a global forum for life sciences professionals to exchange ideas and explore partnerships.
Global Victoria will be supporting companies that will benefit most from access to the US Federal Agencies and companies by providing opportunities to promote their business through:
- the Victorian hosted virtual trade booth
- the Victorian Clinical Trials Gateway virtual platform
- access to a pre mission briefing on US Market entry via Maryland
- access to one-on one partnering
- curated access to representatives from Federal Agencies and companies.
The State of Maryland is the leading life science ecosystem in the USA with over 18 Federal Agencies, including the FDA, the NIH headquartered in Montgomery County, over 300 Biohealth Companies employing over 19,000 Biotech staff, over 60 Federal laboratories and leading research Universities, including John Hopkins.
The State of Maryland recognised the similar strengths with Victoria's Life Science ecosystem and signed an MoU between the two states to foster deeper international trade relationships between the two life science ecosystems.
In recognition of the MoU, Maryland has invited Global Victoria to lead a virtual delegation to the Conference hosted by the Maryland Life Sciences.
What types of businesses should apply?
Applications are sought from Victorian life science companies including:
- pharmaceutical organisations
- professional services, such as consulting and law
- CROs and service providers specialising in areas around:
- cell therapies
- drug discovery
Why should you attend?
The mission will enable you to:
- build market insights
- explore market opportunities
- expand your networks
- showcase your capabilities
- identify potential partners and customers.
Global Victoria has limited complementary tickets to support organisations to attend the Conference.
Pre-mission briefing with Maryland and (if applicable)
- A conference call to discuss your business needs in the market.
- Promotion in the Victorian Government mission’s marketing materials and through social media channels.
- Support to develop marketing materials that can be used on the Virtual Platform and the Victorian Clinical Trials Gateway.
- Access to a Zoom Seminar on US Market Entry via Maryland including a Q&A session prior to the Conference commencing.
On the mission
- Assistance with partnering and introductions.
- Virtual support as appropriate.
Post-mission (if applicable)
- Post-mission briefing with delegates.
- Assistance with follow-ups.
Mission dates: 5 – 6 October 2020
Application dates: 4 – 14 September 2020
Other key dates: 17 September 2020 – US market entry Zoom meeting with Victorian companies
To find out more and for further information about this trade mission, contact our Senior Trade Manager Health Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals Libby O'Connor by sending her an email