It's a wrap for the 2017 Victorian Invitation Program (VIP) and delegates have praised the annual Event that showcases Victoria's business expertise to international buyers and investors from across the globe.
Victoria's Minister for Small Business, Innovation and Trade hailed VIP as an opportunity to promote "Victoria's goods, services, expertise and technologies to a critical mass of international buyers".
More than half of this year's VIP international delegates were from China – Victoria's largest two-way trading partner worth A$18.9 billion a year.
E-commerce was a major highlight of VIP 2017 with Victorian delegates keen to network and learn how to tap into China's booming e-commerce market –the world's largest with an estimated 688 million internet users spending more than US$779 billion each year.
Featuring an impressive line-up of speakers, the fashion e-commerce workshop was a huge success focusing on selling into China and utilising social media to capture new markets.
The Victorian Government hosted 'E-Commerce Fashion Opportunities into China Workshop'
Other highlights from VIP 2017 included:
- An announcement that Global CEO Fortune Club from China will open its first-ever international chapter in Melbourne.
- A visiting business journalist program from China interviewed Victorian delegates and businesses for three major Chinese publications that have a combined website click rate of 73 million.
- Led by the Vietnamese Minister for Health, a Vietnamese health delegation visited major medical sites in Bendigo and across Melbourne to seek new partnerships and joint ventures to develop services overseas.
- Aimed at building trade connections with international education agents, and created in partnership with the Victorian Government's Study Melbourne initiative and leading Victorian creative institutions, 'A stitch in time, a place of mine' was staged in partnership with the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF).
- An economic forum on tourism investment opportunities offered regional site visits to Greater Geelong, the Great Ocean Road and Bendigo, attracting strong interest from Global CEO Fortune and Anhui Province delegates.
- The international sports technology program brought together global stakeholders working in the sports, media and entertainment industry to explore partnerships, growth and trade opportunities.
- Victoria's advanced capabilities in medical technologies were showcased with site visits to Alzheimer's Australia, Synchrotron, and the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC).
Find out more information about VIP and how you can get involved in VIP 2018 by getting in contact with Global Victoria.