Earlier this month, nine Australian scale-up companies were the proud recipients of the highly-coveted Tech Rocketship Awards delivered by the UK Department for International Trade (DIT). And four out of the nine were from Victoria.
And the winners are...
- Clean Growth: carbonTRACK
- Feeding the Nation: Yume
- GREAT Tech for Change Award: Mentorloop
- Special Judges Award: Blamey and Saunders Hearing
- Economy and Digital Security: QuintessenceLabs
- Tech for an Ageing Society: PainChek
- The AI and Data Revolution: Faethm
- The Future of Mobility: Myriota
- Connected Consumers and Creativity: Desygner
UK Investment Minister, Graham Stuart announced the Awards during his visit to Australia and New Zealand last September. Sponsors of the Awards, the Australian British Chamber of Commerce (ABCC) and Grant Thornton are committed to building trade and investment links between the UK and Australasia.
About Victoria's tech sector
A significant industry in its own right generating annual revenues in excess of A$34 billion annually, Victoria's technology sector plays a vital role in Victoria's economy and is central to enabling growth in the Victorian Government's priority sectors.
Victoria has one of the largest R&D clusters in the southern hemisphere providing world-leading, commercially focused digital technology research. Victoria's significant research and development capabilities, and world-class collaborative infrastructure underpins our cutting edge solutions to digital usage and applications in areas such as:
- cyber security
- the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- emergency services solutions
- intelligent transport solutions
- sports tech
- digital games
- cloud technology.