Applications for Austrade's Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) close on 3 December 2019.
The EMDG scheme:
- encourages small- and medium-sized Australian businesses to develop export markets
- reimburses up to 50 per cent of eligible export promotion expenses above $5,000 provided that the total expenses are at least $15,000
- provides up to eight grants to each eligible applicant.
Who can apply for an EMDG?
Any Australian individual, partnership, company, association, co-operative, statutory corporation or trust that has carried on export promotion activities during the year for which they seek an export grant can apply.
To be eligible, the business must have:
- income of not more than $50 million in the grant year
- incurred at least $15,000 of eligible expenses under the scheme (first-time applicants can combine two years expenses)
- principal status for the export business (some exceptions apply, such as non-profit export-focused industry bodies).
The business also must have promoted one of the following:
- the export of goods or most services
- inbound tourism
- the export of intellectual property and know-how
- conferences and events held in Australia
Certain organisations and groups, who would not otherwise be eligible to apply for a grant under the general provisions of the EMDG Act can obtain approved status to enable them to apply for a grant in their own right. More details can be found here.
EMDG detailsApplications: currently open
Applications close: 3 December 2019
While the deadline for EMDG applications is 3 December 2019, if you use an approved EMDG Quality Incentive Program (QIP) Consultant, they have until midnight Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) 3 March 2020 to lodge a claim on your behalf.