Close to 400 delegates attended the flagship event on Monday 29 November, as part of RMIT's Vietnam’s 20th anniversary Vietnam Leads series.
The summit provided opportunity to reflect and celebrate the ongoing policy engagement and joint leadership by RMIT, the Vietnamese government, the Australian and Victorian governments, together with other Vietnamese and Australian higher education institutions in the online and digitally enhanced education space.
Insights were shared by a panel of distinguished speakers to explore the future of digitally enhanced learning for Vietnam and the region, with a particular focus on the relationships between technology and education.
Speakers included leaders from Vietnam’s Ministry of Education and Training and Ministry of Science and Technology, Global Victoria, the Australian Embassy in Vietnam, Australia's education technology and innovation hub EduGrowth, as well as RMIT, Deakin University, Swinburne University and Van Lang University.
Together, they discussed how technologies can be applied to deliver effective education solutions for learners in Vietnam, and across the region.
“Education is an important pillar of Australia-Vietnam bilateral relations, supporting Victoria’s trade and investment activities, as well as people-to-people links. Global Victoria is committed to expanding our cooperation in this area."
Fiona Letos, Director of International Education, Global Victoria
Fiona Letos, Director of International Education at Global Victoria highlighted Victoria's education institutions worldwide reputation of being at the forefront of digital education and innovation.
“With such advantage, I believe Victoria will be the preferred partner for Vietnam in engaging learners of today and tomorrow,” said Fiona.
Victorian universities showcased the latest digital innovations for education, including virtual laboratories, remote 3D printing and AI-powered learning personalisation, as Vietnam looks to leverage digital transformation for post-COVID-19 economic recovery.
Discover Victoria's education excellence
- Explore Victoria's strengths in EdTech and innovation
- Victoria's EdTech Value Proposition presents our state's EdTech capabilities and profiles case studies of select Victorian EdTech companies.
- Global Victoria's Education Network is supported by 14 education representatives based in key offshore markets. Our representatives provide on-the-ground support to Victorian education and training institutions interested in accessing new opportunities and growing their overseas business development activities. Our network can also assist international governments and education institutions looking for opportunities in Victoria.
- Visit our international education market insights page for the latest market updates.
- Learn why Victoria is an investment destination of choice