Applies to All Trade Mission Applicants
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- be headquartered in Victoria or be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to Victoria's exports and jobs
- be financially viable
- have a sound case for doing business in the region in which the Mission is focused
- be currently exporting or demonstrate export readiness
- be (or will be) exporting goods or services that are of Victorian origin or demonstrate that significant value add has taken place in Victoria. (Consolidators may only promote Victorian product during the trade mission)
- be represented on the mission by an employee or officer of the company. Distributors, agents or other in market representatives may be invited to participate in events, however are not automatically entitled to all the privileges of a trade mission participant.
Applicants must participate in all events attached to their mission program unless discussed and agreed in advance with the program manager.
All company representatives must conduct themselves in a professional manner having regard to the spirit and intent of the trade mission. The approved applicant will be responsible for the welfare and conduct of its trade mission attendees at all times.
The Department reserves the right to reject any application without being obliged to discuss the reasons for doing so. Any decision made by the Department will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. Approval of Applicants
1.1 An Applicant will be notified in writing by the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (the Department) if the Applicant has been approved by the Department to participate in the Trade Mission (an Approved Applicant)
1.2 Neither an Approved Applicant nor its employees or agents shall by reason of its participation in the Trade Mission be an agent of or in the service or employment of the State of Victoria.
2. Conduct and Cooperation of Attendees
2.1 All Trade Mission attendees that have not previously travelled to the Trade Mission Destination must attend a relevant pre-mission briefing as notified by the Department.
2.2 All Trade Mission attendees must conduct themselves in a professional manner having regard to the spirit and intent of the Trade Mission. The Approved Applicant will be responsible for the welfare and conduct of its Trade Mission attendees at all times.
3. Acknowledgment of Risk & Responsibility
3.1 An Approved Applicant and their Trade Mission attendees, must make their own assessment regarding the appropriateness and risk of travel to any destination. The Department does not warrant the safety of travel in any respect, nor to the regions being visited as part of the Trade Mission. All Approved Applicants and their Trade Mission attendees are advised to visit smartraveller.gov.au for more information prior to travel.
3.2 All Trade Mission attendees, must hold, maintain and provide the Department with details of travel and other appropriate insurances in connection with attendance at, and participation in, the Trade Mission, including overseas emergency assistance phone numbers.
3.3 All Approved Applicants accept full responsibility for all of the business and organisational outcomes arising from their participation. The Department will not be held responsible for the commercial endeavours of any party that participates in the Trade Mission.
4. Trade Mission Evaluation
4.1 If requested by the Department, all Mission Attendees agree to participate in a formal evaluation of the Trade Mission conducted by the Department or its agents immediately after the mission and again at twelve (12) and 24 months post the mission.
4.2 If evaluation forms are not received, the Department reserves the right to exclude the Applicant from participation in future Trade Missions or other trade programs.
4.3 Company data is collected for aggregate statistical reporting purposes only and, subject to clause 5 and 6, specific data related to individual Trade Mission Applicants or Trade Mission Attendees is not intended for publication or release except with their written permission.
4.4 If requested by the Department, all Mission Attendees agree to participate in a formal evaluation of the Department trade programs conducted by the Department or its agents.
5. Promotion & Acknowledgment
5.1 The Department reserves the right to publicise the benefits accruing to the Approved Applicant arising from the Trade Mission.
5.2 If requested by the Department, an Approved Applicant must acknowledge the support provided by the Department in any relevant publicity undertaken by the Approved Applicant.
6. Trade Mission Inclusions/Exclusions
6.1 All trade mission attendees should refer to individual trade mission programs for a comprehensive list of trade mission inclusions and exclusions.
All costs outside the trade mission business program are the responsibility of the trade mission attendee. These costs include but are not limited to:
- International flights to and from the trade mission destination and domestic/international required to participate in the trade mission.
- Airport transfers (Unless specifically stated in the trade mission program)
- Meals (Unless at events included as part of the trade mission program)
- Taxes, insurance, tips etc
7. Privacy Collection Notice
7.1 The Applicant consents to the collection and disclosure of their personal information and declares that they are authorised to provide the personal information of third parties where applicable.
7.2 The Applicant consents to the Department contacting the Applicant or nominee to facilitate networking opportunities with other businesses and for program evaluation purposes. The Applicant further consents to the disclosure of the personal information to other Trade Mission participants and businesses in the markets visited on the mission.