Food Innovation Centre
Monash University's Food Innovation Centre (FIC) provides a range of services and expertise that assist Victorian food and beverage businesses in de-risking, accelerating and maximising their innovative product success – starting from opportunity identification right through to market launch in both domestic and international export markets.
Opened in October 2016, and supported by the Victorian Government, the FIC is an initiative that offers world-class innovation and research and development expertise, capabilities and facilities across:
- multi-national corporations
- small and medium business enterprises
- research organisations
- industry associations.
The FIC has established a partnership with China's government-owned food company – the Cofco Nutrition & Health Research Institute (Cofco NHRI).
This valuable partnership opens new export pathways to Asian markets for Victorian food and beverage businesses by providing key opportunities for subject matter experts to receive product and market support with the aim of listing their products on China's largest online food shopping site, Womai.
Using state-of-the-art innovation tools and methodologies, the FIC's capabilities and services include:
- Front-end consumer research services – identify opportunities and increase your chances of success by testing the viability of your product.
- Consumer and shopper research services with eye tracking – see how the consumer shops for your category and test the look of your new product in-store and on a planogram.
- Creative design services – visualise your product, pack and point of sale ideas.
- Research and development expertise – receive end-to-end expertise to develop your product and identify co-manufacturing and co-packing capabilities in Australia and internationally.
- Capability workshop programs – participate in our workshops, events and entrepreneurship training designed to improve your innovation capability.
- Research and education capabilities – access Monash University's vast research and education resources.
Find out more about the FIC at Monash (PDF presentation).
Contact the FIC at Monash and find out how to access tailored support for your innovation.