Victoria has been exporting world-class wines for more than 150 years and is the third largest wine producing state in Australia. Our multi award-winning winemakers offer the international market a range of varietals in every conceivable style and price, and for every palate.
Spread across 21 wine regions, Victoria's unique climates and geographical features range from cool rolling highlands, to temperate river lands, and fresh ocean climates, creating wines as distinct as the wineries that produce them.
Victoria’s improved market access to export destinations, some of the world's best research and development facilities, and strong biosecurity protection continue to support and grow Victoria's thriving wine industry.
- Wine exports from Victoria were valued at A$363 million in 2017-18, an increase of A$73 million from 2016-17.
- Red wine exports remained the strongest performer, accounting for 79 per cent of wine exports from Victoria.
- China and the United Kingdom were Victoria’s largest markets for wine exports valued at A$167 million and A$50 million respectively.
Discover how we can help your business go global
Victorian Government Trade and Investment Offices
Our international network of Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices can provide tailored market intelligence, insights and guidance for your export business . They can also connect you with overseas industry partners. Contact us to learn more about how our team of trade specialists can help your business go global.
Programs and initiatives
We offer a range of programs and initiatives to build and strengthen your export capabilities and help expand your business.
Interested in targeting new global markets? Our successful trade mission programs play an important role in supporting your business to expand its export potential. Visit our trade missions page to find out more.
Want to know more?
- Download and read the Victorian 2018 Food and Fibre Export Performance Report
- Download and read an accessible version of the Victorian 2018 Food and Fibre Export Performance Report
The Australian Food and Agribusiness Directory
Food and Innovation Australia (FIAL), the Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST) and the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), in collaboration with Data61 have created an easy-to-use searchable map of Australia that will help you connect with other stakeholders from across the entire industry value chain.