Vocational Education and Training
Victoria's Vocational Education and Training (VET) system is internationally recognised as one of the best in the world, most notably for its responsiveness to industry needs and flexibility of delivery.
With more than 1100 public and private VET providers – including our 13 publicly owned Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes – we deliver a wide range of courses, from entry-level qualifications, to higher-level vocational training qualifications in more than 100 separate campuses located across the State.
Our VET system provides training for students of all ages and backgrounds, with courses delivered in the classroom, at the workplace and online.
Video: Victoria's Vocational Education and Technical training institutes
Established global partnerships
Victorian VET providers currently deliver skills training and work in partnership with governments and industry partners in India, China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, India, Philippines, Korea, Thailand and Indonesia.
Our VET providers also offer a range of training and consulting services to companies, governments and other educational institutions internationally, including:
- training needs assessments
- development and delivery of training
- train the trainer
- curriculum and standards development
- curriculum licensing
- qualifications frameworks
- vocational leadership and governance programs
Australia's robust accreditation systems ensure the skills and knowledge gained are valued worldwide.
Industry partners and students benefit from being taught by teaching teams of industry experts who either work in or have worked in the field they teach.
Impressive graduate outcomes
Outcomes for Victoria's vocational graduates are high and many programs run directly with industry through the apprenticeship and traineeship model.
Want to learn more?
- Victoria's EdTech Value Proposition presents Victoria’s EdTech capabilities and profiles case studies of select Victorian EdTech companies.
- Our Global Education Network is located in 12 key Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices around the globe. Education Services Managers (ESMs) provide on-the-ground support to Victorian education and training institutions and EdTech companies interested in accessing new opportunities and growing their overseas business development activities. ESMs can also assist international governments, education institutions and EdTech companies looking for opportunities in Victoria.
- Visit our international education market insights page for seasonal updates, including EdTech opportunities, from our ESMs.
- Learn why Victoria is an investment destination of choice and explore our strengths in tech and innovation.
- Find out about EdTech news and developments from the national body for EdTech, EduGrowth.