The Victoria METS Export Hub is a new initiative from Austmine designed for regional Victorian companies to help them develop and grow their export markets.
Victorian METS companies are internationally focused, technology driven and have a strength in manufacturing, making them well positioned to address the new technologies, services and strategies that are coming to the fore in mining.
The Victoria METS Export Hub will form networks of METS companies and through providing linkages, connections, training and global market identification, will capitalise on existing strengths to build export opportunities for Victorian METS companies.
METS companies can be found all throughout Victoria with a major concentration in Melbourne and regional hubs in Ballarat, Bendigo, Stawell, Geelong and Latrobe Valley. Through connecting these regional and metropolitan METS centres, Hub members will have access to the latest supply chain developments and strategic insights. This will help businesses understand where they fit in the new modern mining paradigm, helping drive sustainability.
Why Join the Victoria METS Export Hub?
- The opportunity to network with other like-minded companies who are already export-focused or who are aiming to be
- The opportunity to learn from companies with strong market presence within your region, in other regions or in metropolitan areas
- Access to first-hand information regarding miners’ supply chain and procurement programs to understand where the opportunities are for your company
- Make contacts with existing exporters to leverage global experience
- Virtual mentoring from those who have been there done that
- Individually tailored export training and advice
- Links to other Government programs and funding
- Representation at global mining events
- Links to real global market opportunities and introductions
Who is eligible?
The program is targeted at regional METS companies, although any company supplying to the mining industry (or wishing to) and operating in Victoria is eligible.
How much does it cost?
There is no fee to join the Hub.
How do I join?
Please contact Dale Thompson, VIC METS Export Hub Lead by phoning him on 0407 819 522, or by sending an email to email@example.com for further information or to express interest in joining the Hub.
METS Export Hub Growth Program
The Victoria METS Export Hub is pleased to offer this program to Export Hub members. The initial program will be trialled in Bendigo with the intention of being rolled out to other regional areas in the near future.
The program consists of 4 interactive workshops which are designed to take your company to the next level by providing you with insights to global customers and then working through strategies to capture new opportunities.
The program is open to Victorian companies who sell into the mining value chain (Mining Equipment, Technology and Services - METS) or have the capability to do so.
The program is provided free of charge through the Commonwealth Government’s SME Export Hubs Initiative and funding from the Victorian State Government.
The program will provide insights to:
- Why export as a growth strategy is relevant in a pandemic
- Potential international opportunities aligned with your capability and experience
- How customers view your offering
- Developing a customer-centric approach
- International marketing in a global pandemic
Workshops will take place online and in Bendigo, should COVID restrictions allow.
Thursday 12th August - Understanding the Potential
Thursday 2nd September - Global Customers and Competitors
Thursday 23rd September - International Marketing in a Global Pandemic
Thursday 28th October - Pitching to an International Panel
During the last workshop you will have the opportunity to pitch your offering to a panel of potential customers, putting your learnings to the test. Mentors will be available between workshops to support your business further.
Austmine are pleased to have experienced METS exporters Bob Calvert, Mark Gream and Robert Trzebski on board as mentors.