For up to date information on current restrictions and coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the Victorian Government's coronavirus website.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Support
Advice, updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found by visiting the Business Victoria website. You can also call the Business Victoria coronavirus hotline on 13 22 15.
Mental health support for businesses
Worried about your business? Call Partners in Wellbeing on 1300 375 330 to get confidential support and advice. The service is free and available until 10pm weekdays.
The International Freight Assistance Mechanism
Sign up to Austrade's mailing list to stay up to date on all updates regarding IFAM.
Export Market Development Grants
For the latest information about the Export Market Development Grant Scheme, visit the Austrade website.
COVID-19 Export Capital Facility
The Commonwealth Government has established a $500 million COVID-19 Export Capital Facility to assist previously profitable Australian exporters whose businesses have been impacted by COVID-19. Exporters will be able to access loans from $250,000 to $50 million under the Facility. The Facility will complement other measures announced by the Government which enable banks to support new and existing clients. Exporters should contact their banks in the first instance to determine what assistance may be available to them.
For further information visit the Export Finance Australia website or call 1800 093 724
Hotline help for businesses dealing with COVID-19 impacts
The Victorian Government has launched a hotline for businesses dealing with the significant challenges posed by the COVID-19 outbreak.
The pandemic is creating issues for businesses large and small who are facing a downturn in trade, bans on events and restrictions on indoor gatherings, as well as challenges in dealing with employee safety and entitlements.
Given the rapidly changing nature of the crisis, businesses need quick access to accurate information on how to keep their workplace safe, and advice on how to plan to deal with the current situation and anticipate likely developments.
Businesses across the state can now access information on dealing with COVID-19 by calling the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.
Operators calling the hotline will be able to get information about support services, including those available through Business Victoria, which offers mentoring to help operators develop business continuity and recovery plans.
The hotline will provide the latest information on the response to COVID-19 and how this affects businesses, including how to access financial support available through the national stimulus package.
Statements from Victorian Government
- For all media releases from the Victorian Government about coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the media release website
Links to other resources
- For the latest information, updates and advice about the outbreak of COVID-19, visit Victoria's Department of Health and Health Services website.
- Information for businesses is available on the Business Victoria website.
- Information for international students is available on the Study Melbourne website.
- Information for the creative industries is available on the Creative Victoria website.
- Information for the sport and recreation industries is available on the Sport and Recreation Victoria website.
- Information for tourism and events industries is available on the Visit Victoria website.
- Information about travel is available on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) website.
- Information for exporters is available on Austrade's website
- The World Health Organisation have health focussed information with Chinese language options.
- Find financial assistance, eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses by visiting business.gov.au
Page last updated on 15 July 2021