Melbourne, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam
Calling All Melbourne-Based Early Stage Founders - Take your startup to the next level!
In February 2022, the City of Melbourne will partner with HEX to offer an interactive 5-day program designed to support early stage founders interested in exploring a potential product-market fit for their startup within one of the key Southeast Asian markets of Indonesia, Singapore or Vietnam.
Engagement with Asia is important to Melbourne’s recovery, with the rising middle class population and rapid tech transformation in the region putting Southeast Asia on track to be the world’s fourth largest economy by 2030.
This program is designed to connect Melbourne founders into the startup ecosystems in this thriving region and support their innovative businesses to get Asia-ready so they can start, grow and go global from Melbourne.
About the opportunity
This opportunity is for early stage founders to get support with their existing startup or social enterprise businesses. We encourage startups that are interested in potentially finding a product-market fit within a key market of Indonesia, Singapore or Vietnam apply!
The goal of this program is to grow the Melbourne economy and strengthen the connections the ecosystem has with Southeast Asia.
Does the following sound like you?
- You live, work or operate within City of Melbourne. See boundaries here.
- You are interested in exploring business opportunities and connections in Southeast Asia (Indonesia, Vietnam or Singapore).
- You are ready to take your startup to the next level in a short period of time.
- Can make yourself available for the program from February 21 to 25.
- We are background agnostic and strongly encourage under-represented or underestimated founders who are interested in doing business in Southeast Asia.
- Your startup is either early revenue OR an early viable product prototype that has been tested in the market.
Application closing date: 27 January 2022
Program dates: 21 to 25 February 2022
Location: Hybrid - in-person in various city locations, with virtual connections into Southeast Asia